Welcome to our Blog Hop for this month! Today we are focusing on gift bags for that last minute gift! I was inspired by a card my team member Sharon made and then went on to create my project for today! I hope you enjoy!
Using the Snowflake Sentiments bundle I created this cute gift bag with three panels!
Here we go!
1. You will need 4 sheets of 8 ½ x 11 Soft Sky cardstock
– Cut 2 Soft Sky cardstock pieces down to 10 ⅜ x 7 ⅞
– Cut 1 Soft Sky cardstock piece down to 10 ⅜ x 8 ½
– Cut 1 Soft Sky cardstock piece down to create 3 strips of 2 x 11
2. You will need 3 sheets of 8 ½ x 11 Whisper White cardstock
– Cut the 3 sheets of Whisper White cardstock in half at 5 ½ x 8 ½
3. With the first piece of Soft Sky cardstock that measures 10 ⅜ x 7 ⅞, using a ruler, measure a diagonal line from the bottom at 3 ⅝ on one side up to 8 2/8 on the other side, and using the paper trimmer cut on this line.
The bottom piece of the cardstock will be your bottom panel on your gift bag.
4. Using the other side of your first Soft Sky piece, using a ruler, measure a diagonal line from the bottom at ½ on one side up to 5 ⅛ on the other side, and using the paper trimmer cut on this line. This piece will become your front panel on your gift bag. Once your pieces have been cut, erase your pencil lines.
5. With the Soft Sky cardstock that measures 10 ⅜ x 8 ½ measure a diagonal line from the top at 7 ⅞ on one side down to 1 ½ on the other side, and using the paper trimmer cut on this line.
The bottom piece of the cardstock will be your middle panel on your gift bag.
This piece should extend over the edges of the gift bag, as you will score down the sides to create flaps to adhere the three panels together.
Once you have scored the lines fold them back. Erase all of your pencil lines.
You have now created the three panels for your bag.
6. Cut the three 2 x 11 pieces of Soft Sky with the snowflake border thinlit. I like to use painter’s tape to hold the thinlits in place.
7. Once you have cut the first border of snowflakes, line up the thinlit on your first snowflake border cut so that you create a full 11 inch border. See video for placement.
8. Once all three of the Soft Sky snowflake borders have cut, glue them to the back of your three panels with tombo glue, and trim off the excess. Once the borders have been attached, you will create the Whisper White snowflake panels.
9. You will want to use the full 5 ½ x 8 ½ Whisper White pieces to create the snowflake panels.
10. You will find if you cut out the snowflakes following the Soft Sky borders, then once you have the panels cut out, you can manipulate the panels to create a perfect line.
When cutting out the snowflakes with the snowflake thinlit, use the die brush and mat to get all of the little pieces out of the thinlit die and the die cut.
11. Once you have attached two of the Whisper White snowflake panels, to the bottom panel of the bag, attach the scored edge to the back of the bottom panel, and then cut away the rest.
12. Decorate your middle and front panels in the same way. Once they have been decorated, you will attach the front panel to the middle panel in the same way. See video to see how to attach.
13. With your other piece of Soft Sky cardstock that you had cut down to 10 ⅜ x 7 ⅞, draw a diagonal line from ½ up to 5 ¼ and cut with the paper trimmer. With the same paper, draw a diagonal line from 2 ¼ up to 7 ½, and cut with the paper trimmer. These two pieces are going to go onto the backs of the front and middle panels, just to finish the look of the panels.
14. Once all the panels have been attached to each other, glue down the bottom panel to the bag.
15. Cut two strips of Soft Sky at ⅛” and glue down strips on the snowflake panels.
16. Cut out 12 swirls from Silver Glimmer paper
17. Cut out 9 large snowflakes from Silver Glimmer paper
Cut out 9 small snowflakes from Silver Glimmer paper
18. Stamp out sentiment in Soft sky on Whisper White
19. Glue down swirls and snowflakes and attach the sentiment to the front panel.
Here is a video that I created to help with how to create this bag
Here are the products that I used:
- Soft Sky cardstock
- Whisper White cardstock
- Silver Glimmer paper
- Snowflake Sentiments bundle
- Christmas Pines stamp set
- Acrylic block
- Big Shot
- Scor Board
- Ruler and pencil
- Stampin Up Trimmer
- Die Brush and Mat
- Tombo glue
- Stampin Dimensionals
Now for the rest of the blog hop:
6. Dena Plummer – USA – Not participating this month
8. Beate Wacker – Austria – Not participating this month
10. Barb Stewart – Canada – You are here!