I knew this day was coming soon, I had a feeling! Stampin’ Up! is doing a Colour Revamp! Although I am sad to see some great colours leave, I am super excited to see some colours return and some great new ones!
Sorry I got ahead of myself, you might be asking “What exactly is a Colour Revamp?” Stampin’ Up! makes a point to keep an eye on color trends across different markets and industries. When they see changes happening, they review the color spectrum to ensure that they remain consistently on top of the trends. This brings us to the 2018 Color Revamp! A Revamp occurs when they change many of the core colours. Some of you may remember the last Colour Refresh – this is when they only change a few core colours!
Without futher ado…let’s get into the details of the 2018 Colour Revamp!
There are still four color collections, each with ten colors. There is also a new color group called Basics.
In order to keep our color collections to exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors, they have moved Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White out of the Neutrals collection. They’ve also moved a few colors into the Neutrals collection, making it more exciting and colorful!
Some additional colors have changed collections as well—you’ll notice this as you look through the new collections below. These changes were based on needing to maintain color balance in our updated collections. For example, Poppy Parade is now the brightest red so it is part of the Brights collection.
Here is a closer look at the brand new colours that they are adding to the collections:
Here are the two In-Colour families. There are no changes to the In Color program. Every two years Stampin’ Up! will continue to introduce five new In Colors that will be available for the ensuing two years.
And some of the old In-Colours are returning and joining the revamped colour families.
And of course with all the new colours, that means we have to say good bye to other colours.
Ok! Wow! Lots of great changes to our colour families!
I have one more exciting change to tell you about! We are revamping our ink pads as well!
Here are some quick facts:
- The case’s manufacturing mold was about to expire. Stampin’ Up! can only use a mold a limited number of times before they need to replace it, so they had to decide if they wanted to order more of the same molds or try to improve the design. They chose to improve it!
- They wanted to align the updated case with the color refresh and improvements to their ink.
- What’s better about the case?
- Less confusing to open.
- A tighter fit between the lid and the base.
- They are stackable. The ability to stack the cases makes them easier to store and transport.
- Include improved labels and stickers. Here are a few of the ways we’ve done that:
- The top label now has a cleaner, bolder design and a larger color swatch, making it easier to see the ink’s color.
- The stickers include a new In Color icon.
- A new color sticker you can place on the inside of the case, so you can easily distinguish the ink’s color when the case is open
- New improved ink formula that will:
- Reduce ink bubbles.
- Help you get a smooth coating of ink on the stamp.
- Help lay down the ink better
Here is a peek at the new ink packaging:
So if you were wondering why they were retiring all the colours – they are just retiring the ink pads and coming out with great new ones!
Ok, that was a lot of information! I hope you like the new changes! I am super excited about all of them! Comment below and tell me your favourite colour that is retiring and the one you are most excited to see! I can’t wait to read all of your favourites!