Hi everyone, I am so excited to present you this months project. We were asked to create a milk carrier box, and I love how this turned out.
I was inspired by a box that I received from another demonstrator Ashley. This box is called a 2-4-6-8 box.
Alright here we go!
What you will need to cut:
- 4 sheets of Thick Whisper White cut down to 6 x 8 ½ these will become your four cartons.
- 2 pieces of Basic Black cut at 5 ¾ x 3 ¾ these will become your carton holders
- 2 pieces of Basic Black cut at 4 ¼ x 5 ¼ this will become the handle.
- 2 pieces of Basic Black cut at 4 ½ x 4 this will become the base of the carrier.
Cut from the Share What You Love Designer Series Paper:
- 16 pieces of DSP cut at 1 ⅞ x 1 ⅞ these will be your pieces for the bottom of the cartons.
- 8 pieces of DSP cut at 1 ⅞ x ⅞ these will be your pieces for the top of the cartons.
- 2 pieces of DSP cut at 4 ⅛ x ⅝ these will be the pieces for the long side of the carton carrier.
- 4 pieces of DSP cut at 2 ¼ x ⅝ these will be the pieces for the short side of the carton carrier.
- 2 pieces of DSP cut at 4 ⅛ x 5 ⅛ these will be the pieces for the handle piece.
Once you have all those pieces cut, these are the next steps:
- Cut the Thick Whisper White paper to 6 x 8 ½ and on the long side you will score at 2” 4” 6” and 8”. Turn the paper and score at 2” 4” and 6″
- Once you have scored each side, you will cut down the paper to create all of the tabs and sides to create the box. See video to see exactly how to make the box.
3. To create the bottom of the carrier take the two pieces that you have cut at 5 ¾ x 3 ¾ score along all sides at ¾. Cut notches to create tabs and assemble (see video for tips!).
4. To make the handle for the carrier box, take the two pieces that you cut at 5 ¼ x 4 ¼ use the new corner rounder punch to round the top two corners and then glue together. Using the layering oval dies, cut oval at the top of the paper to create your handle. See the video for more detailed instructions.
5. Once all four boxes have been put together, using Tombo glue, glue on your DSP pieces onto the boxes.
6. Glue the other DSP pieces onto the carton carrier.
7. Using the handle piece and a pencil, trace the oval onto the DSP and cut out with larger oval die. Glue the two DSP pieces onto each side of the handle.
8. Glue the two carriers onto each side of the handle piece.
9. Put the four cartons into the carrier.
10. You can close your carton boxes with ribbon, clips, or mini clothespins.
I hope you enjoy this project!
Watch the video for more tips and tricks on how to put this project together!
- Thick Whisper White cardstock
- Basic Black cardstock
- Share What You Love Specialty Designer Paper
- Tombo glue
- Scallop tag punch
- Detailed Trio punch
- Layering Oval dies
- Big Shot
- Mini clothespins
Check out the other amazing projects done by this incredible group of demonstrators!
1. Shannean Moncrieff (Australia)
2. Tanja Kolar (Germany)
3. Yoshiko Endo (Japan)
4. Zoe Tant ( United Kingdom)
5. Annette Elias (Netherland)
6. Sharlene Meyer (New Zealand)
7. Beate Wacker (Austria)
8. Aude Barbara (France)
9. Barb Stewart (Canada) – You are here!